Reading Room Committee Meeting

Monday 25th June 2012 7.30pm


Attending: Neville Gray (Chair), Hazel Chalmers, Richard Heslop, Doreen, Jordan, Jean Docherty, Vanessa Saunders, Sue Proctor, Georgina Harper, Sally.

Apologies: Lou Leonard (Ada & Judy on Holiday)


Item no

Subject/Discussion

Action

1.

Minutes of last meeting :

  • Agreed




2.

Agenda –Matters Arising

  1. Event Dates

  • 22nd September 2012 – QUIZ

  • 20th October 2012 – CEILEIDH

  • 25th November 2012 – CHRISTMAS FAIR (NG will speak to JS)

  1. Trustees Liability – Each trustee is liable for damages however there is insurance in place to cover cost (except, obviously, where unlawful damage etc is caused).

  2. Film Club – HC reports that she spoke to John, the projector operator . He has said that that there is funding available at the Queen’s Hall, we just need to ask.






3.

REPORTS

GF Report (verbal)

  • There was a good turnout despite the weather.

  • 2 incidents were reported 1) A horsebox interrupted the road closure 2) Theft on a stall.

  • It was decided that a contingency plan should be put in place for storing wet equipment.

  • A Police Officer had noticed small children provoking the gosling therefore it was suggested we shouldn’t have a gosling next year.

Chair’s Report (NG has been on holiday)

  • The electrician still hasn’t sorted the lights.

  • Lights have fused at recent events

Treasurer’s Report

  • Details of the RR Bank Accounts were given including monies in/out. These were agreed and signed by Jean/Neville. Jean presented the accounts and each committee member received a copy.

  • Balance in Lloyds 31/05/12 (A/C 646) - £7,741.54

  • Balance in Lloyds 25/06/12 (A/C 646) - £8,656.53

  • Balance in Lloyds 25/06/12 (A/C 124) - £554.00

  • Bal Northern Rock 31/05/12 £9.69

Jean has reported that she is happy to do the book keeping but does not want to carry on with the accounts. It was agreed by the committee that the accounts be sent to a third party. Jean has already researched this and the cost is approx. £50.

Booking Secretary’s Report

  • £360 was invoiced to regulars. £185 1-off bookings

  • Hazel has looked at devising a system (a tick and sign chart to be displayed on the notice board) to gain evidence of attendance of groups. Regular are currently not charged if they need to cancel at short notice. Also some regulars have become lax in paying invoices (some up to 3 months). From September 2012 Hazel will send invoices which state that payment is to be made within 2 weeks of receipt of invoice and that she must be informed of cancellations asap.

  • 1 regular user has cancelled classes on Sat/Sun totalling in a loss of £600.


HC






















4.

A.O.B

  1. Photos from the Courant – NG will mount the picture of the committee for display. Other photos are to be put in the RR album by Georgina. Please cn anyone who has photos/comments/dates etc please pass them on to Georgina.

  2. Water coming in – HF and Lenlee looked into this – a large area of wall in the main hall is wet. Paul is going to get estimates for dino-rod to investigate the blockage.

  3. Cupboards – to fit 2 cupboards in the ladies vanity units it would be approx. £569.04 (£410.82 is the cost of 1 cupboard) inc locks/handles. Hazel will get another quote for this.

  4. Caretaker/Claeaner - There is a risk involved with strangers looking at the RR and leaving the keys in the letter box.

There seems to be an issue with mops being left in buckets of water/bleach. Melissa has said she will leave as JS gave up her role.

  1. Pat Tests – Pat has presented the results to Neville to file.

  2. Pat Stott has decided to stand down from the Committee and will put this in writing. She is still happy to do the quiz but was disappointed at the turn-out of the last quiz. The committee agreed that the quiz needs more advertising.

  3. Sally, Ernest and Louise took the projector etc in to the hall to see what the picture/sound quality would be like as a back up plan. This needs more investigation.

  4. Can ALL committee members please delete Jean’s ‘TYNEJEAN’ email address as Jean is no longer using e-mail.



NG/GH




















LL



ALL

5.

Date of Next Meeting

AGM - Monday 30th July 2012 at 7.00pm

RR Meeting - Monday 30th July 2012 at 7.30pm


ALL











RRCM 25/06/2012 Page 3 of 3