Reading Room Committee Meeting

Monday 28th January 2013 7.30pm


Attending: Neville Gray (Chair), Jean Docherty, Vanessa Saunders, Doreen Jordan, Louise Leonard,Georgina Harper, Sally Dobson, Debbie Reid, Marion Lewis, Stewart Thirkell

Apologies: Hazel Fulton, Hazel Chalmers, Richard Heslop


Item no

Subject/Discussion

Action

1.

Minutes of last meeting :

Agreed



2.

Agenda –Matters Arising

  1. Appointment of Caretaker The committee welcomed Stewart Thirkell as Caretaker/Cleaner. He will be self-employed and will send an invoice to Jean on a 4 weekly basis.

  2. Goose Fair Sub Committee report as read by Neville.

Jackie is sending out all the invites to stall holders.

Catering – NG to speak to Graham Bunn however it was decided by GFSC that we could not put the charges down. The outcome was that the scouts will not do the catering this year. The WI will do the Tea Tent this year and hot food will be out-sourced.

Jean would like someone to take over ‘Gate Control’.

  1. Researcher’ Stall at GF. This was agreed by the committee.

  2. Health & Safety Arrangements NG has obtained a guide/survey for H&S for community buildings. JD suggested that a sub-committee should look at this in detail to see what is already covered under the Hallmark Status and what else (if anything) is required. This should be documented and filed. A ‘Safety Policy’ devised by NG was agreed by the RRC, signed and will be put on the RR notice board.

  3. Food Hygiene A spot check inspection was carried out and Stewart was informed that everything was fine. The rating will either stay as 4 or could be increased to 5. On the advice of the Inspector, Stewart will purchase a temperature gauge.

  4. Fire Extinguisher These have been serviced and the certificate is on the RR notice board.

























ST

3.

REPORTS

Chair’s Report

  • This was all covered in ‘Matters Arising’

Treasurer’s Report

  • Details of the RR Bank Accounts were given including monies in/out. These were agreed and signed by Jean/Neville.

  • Balance in Lloyds 31/12/12 (A/C 646) - £4126.03

  • Balance in Lloyds 28/01/13 (A/C 646) - £4156.08

  • Balance in Lloyds 28/01/13 (A/C 124) - £4.07

  • Balance in Virgin 28/01/13 £5559.71

There was a grant from the Community Chest for £500 for the RR/Film Club Projector.

The external drain has been fixed at a cost of £390. This has been paid and will show in the January figures.

Booking Secretary’s Report

  • Invoices to regular users for Dec/Jan 2013: £610 and 1-offs £165




NG



JD











HF


4.

A.O.B

  • Film Club Friday 15th Feb – Salmon Fishing in the Yemen

  • Contact Details It was suggested that there will be contact details of 3 committee members plus Stewart Thirkell on the external and internal notice boards. All RRCM will have an updated list of tradesmen to contact in an emergency. NG will compile a list and distribute.

  • Social Events Sat 16th March – Quiz. Louise will ask Pat to compile the questions and Jean will order pie and peas.

24th March – Easter Fair

  • Signage – Louise asked the committee their thoughts on new signage. Perhaps a board outside?


LL



NG

5.

Date of Next Meeting 25th February 2013 BRIDGE END

ALL



RRCM 28/01/2013 Page 2 of 2